View previous topic :: View next topic  
EraticState-BT

re: DKP FAQ

I wanted to see if I could put togethor a much nicer looking explanation of the DKP system so that people could read and understand it better.

DKP and You

Forsaken runs a closed bidding DKP system in order to mantain a fair environment for the guild when it comes to loot. SInce not everyone understands this type of system and there are questions such as how much DKP certain things award, I will explain all of that here.

What is closed bidding?

Closed bidding is a DKP system whereby members are able to accumulate points for boss kills and other events. Then, when an item drops that people want, they whisper the person in charge of distributing that item(this will almost always be Daestrom, Calick, or Fumiko) with how much DKP they want to spend on the item. The amount you whisper can be no less than the item's minimum bid value and no greater than your total DKP. Then, the whispered person looks who bid the most and awards the item to that person for the amount they bid. If only one person bids, that person gets the item at the minimum bid value, regardless of what they bid. Seems simple enough, right?

Well if I'm bidding this DKP, how am I earning it?

There are a few ways to earn DKP in Forsaken:

-Showing up on-time and ready for Karazhan or 25 man raids will earn you 1 bonus point of DKP.
-Participating in Karazhan awards 11 points, less 1 for each boss or event the group does that you miss.
-25 man boss kills award 4 points, however guild first kills award double value.
-Each hour spent raiding in 25 mans will also award 1 extra DKP.
-Killing eagle/bear in ZA will award 1 DKP and Lynx/Hawk/Hex/ZJ will award 1.5 DKP.
-Finishing a timed event in Zul'Aman awards 1 more point.

Though there are tons of ways to gain, there are also 2 big ways to lose. If you do not show up for a raid and you don't let an officer know ahead of time, you will be docked DKP. Also, if your raid attendance falls below 66.66%, you will earn half DKP until you bring up your attendance.

Well, now that I have DKP, what are the item minimums?

Well, there are 2 different classifications of items used to determine the minimum.

--Karazhan items will be given a minimum of 1 DKP bid.
--25 Man items/ZA items will be given a minimum of 4 DKP bid.

Nice and simple!

So, that's all that's really needed to know about the DKP system. I hope this post answered any questions you have, otherwise feel free to contact Fumiko, Daestrom, or Calick with any unanswered questions.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forsaken Forum Index -> Guild Information All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: